KING Paving & Construction Makes Advances with Roller Compacted Concrete
King Paving and Materials Company has recently become involved with RCC, or Roller Compacted Concrete. Our company realises the benefits of this economic, strong, durable and easy-to-use product, and can offer expert technical support surrounding its industrial application.
RCC offers surface smoothness and an aesthetic that are only secondary to its excellent durability, low maintenance requirements, and low initial costs. From mixing to placement to curing, King Paving & Construction has surfaced as an industry innovator in the application of Roller Compacted Concrete.
To learn more about this innovative product, click here. To learn more about the process and procedure of product application, view the video or read the steps below.
The process or procedure for RCC application includes:
• Mixing: A RCC pug mill plant has the efficiency to evenly disperse the relatively small amount of water that is present in the stiff, dry mix.
• Transport: Dump trucks transport the RCC mix from the plant to the high-density paver.
• Placement: The mix is placed at 100 mm (4 inches) to 250 mm (10 inches) thick. It can also be placed in layers, in applications requiring a thickness over 250 mm (10 inches).
• Compaction: This is the most important step in RCC construction because compaction promotes the product’s high density, substantial strength, smoothness and favourable surface texture. The compaction process begins immediately after placement. Vibratory steel drum and rubber tire roller compaction continues until the pavement meets the target density requirements.
• Curing: RCC pavement must be cured to ensure proper and optimal strength gain.
• Joint Saw-Cutting: Though optional, if joint saw-cutting is to be completed, it is performed shortly after the target density has been achieved.