Reporting to the Business Development Manager, U.S. Markets, the Business Development Representative/Engineer is responsible for the sales and marketing of our full line of Construction Products for the Mid-Atlantic region in the U.S. market. This position should represent the best interests of KING when dealing with consulting engineers, authorities, distributors and contractors within each market.
- Market our full line of Construction Products to the engineering communities within the designated market, for the purpose of developing specifications
- Market our full line of Construction Products to contractors within the designated market
- Manage our Construction Products distributors within the designated market
- Provide on-site technical support on projects for our line of Construction Products within the designated market
- Visit shotcrete crews, providing the following service: monitor material performance, provide training, provide suggestions on dust and rebound level reduction, explain proper equipment maintenance and operating procedures
- Visit concrete repair crews, providing the following service: monitor material performance; provide training; provide suggestions on surface preparation, mixing instructions, placement methods; etc.
- Conduct “Lunch-and-Learn” and other seminars for major authorities, consultants, distributors, and contractors within the designated market
- Participate in sales meetings when required
- Assist technical staff with any on-site problems
- Responding to specific customer complaints
- Develop trust and rapport with the end users of our materials and equipment
- Participate in trade shows in various markets
- Take an active role in industry associations
- Strong inter-personal and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Spanish would be an asset)
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work from a home office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter and ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to travel about 50% of the time
Category: Construction Products
Location: Mid-Atlantic, U.S.
Closing Date: 04/28/17
KPM Industries Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes resumes from all interested candidates. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.