Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager, the Engineering Services Representative will act as a technical resource for contractor customers, distributors, Technical Sales Representatives and other staff, by helping direct and assist Quality Control and R&D testing initiatives, along with performing other technical functions involving the Masonry Products group.
- Assist lab personnel with Quality Control testing initiatives
- Monitor Quality Control test results for performance trends
- Work with the Engineering Services Manager, Research & Development Engineer, or independently, to develop mix designs to meet specified plastic and hardened properties for customized product applications
- Help direct and assist the lab with R&D initiatives including the development and testing of new products, development and testing of new and modified mix designs, testing of competitive products, cost reduction initiatives, etc.
- Assist Technical Sales Representatives with conducting troubleshooting initiatives and investigations with product performance problems (both job-site and laboratory assistance)
- Act as a technical resource for Masonry Technical Sales Representatives, other staff, and customers
- Modify Technical Data Sheets and develop marketing materials under the direction of the Engineering Services Manager and/or Masonry Sales Manager
- Represent the interests of KING by attending functions for organizations such as CSA, ASTM, ICRI, etc.
- Conduct large scale mock-up testing to provide recommendations regarding product application (i.e. curing, pumping, ease of placement)
Business Development Responsibilities
- Meet and interact with architects, consulting engineers, MTO/MTQ/Hydro-Quebec and other specifying authorities to promote King Masonry Products
- Conduct presentations and “Lunch-and-Learn” sessions (with the Technical Sales Representatives) to architects, consulting engineers, MTO/MTQ/Hydro-Quebec and other specifying authorities
- Assist Technical Sales Representatives when conducting customer product demos and when providing technical assistance to customers
- Run product training/demonstration days for architects and engineers in both Ontario and Quebec
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Strong knowledge of masonry or lime-based materials
- Strong inter-personal and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Category: Engineering Services
Location: Boisbriand, Quebec
Closing Date: 10/20/17
KPM Industries Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes resumes from all interested candidates. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.