The IT Infrastructure Specialist reports to the IT Manager and is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of the company’s computer network and server environments. Responsibilities include working closely with the IT Services and Cloud Solutions Provider for designing, diagnosing, installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all components of the IT infrastructure in the cloud environment, disaster recovery environment and development environment.
- Maintain the Information Technology infrastructure including servers, storage area networks, local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networks, switches, routers, firewalls, phone systems and video conferencing systems
- Effectively troubleshoot various latency, bottlenecks, and other performance-based problems related to systems and applications, while working with third-party consultants to identify possible solutions and implement fixes
- Support the Citrix environment, including XenApp, NetScaler and StoreFront, with an emphasis on image management utilizing Citrix PVS
- Assist in developing and delivering strategies and solutions for enterprise cloud infrastructure
- Monitor the file server using disk space management and reporting tools, and assist end-users with data management and clean-up
- Assist in developing and maintaining business continuity and disaster response plans, to facilitate the recovery of critical processes and applications in the event of a system outage impacting users
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
- Test and maintain security, back-ups, redundancies, strategies, and disaster recovery procedures
- Maintain an inventory listing of installed hardware, software and licenses
- Maintain documentation for all facets of the infrastructure solution
- Provide backup support to the Technical Support Analyst and also to ensure all issues are logged and updated in the IT helpdesk ticketing system, while maintaining acceptable user satisfaction levels
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the field of IT infrastructure
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science, Engineering or Network Technology is preferred
- IT Certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware are preferred
- Microsoft Server Technologies experience (AD, GPO, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Exchange, SQL, Terminal Services, etc.)
- Virtualization experience (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Understanding of network fundamentals (TPC\IP, Routing, VLAN, etc.) and experience with network equipment architecture, configuration, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with network and server security including firewalls, IDS/IPS, syslog, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to lead projects
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Will be expected to travel as needed
- Periodic weekend or evening work is expected
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Closing Date: 04/30/17
KPM Industries Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes resumes from all interested candidates. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.