Reporting to the General Manager, the Shop Foreman is responsible for the overall supervision of machine operators, welders, fitters, painters and general labourers. This position is responsible for the safety of all employees and assisting employees to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Maintain King Fabricating’s safety management system by establishing safety meetings and workplace inspections, ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures, and maintaining the proper housekeeping of the yard and shop
- Continuously inspect jobs and coach employees, in order to maintain a high level of quality and an efficient workflow
- Complete and submit all work order forms and shop requests
- Prepare, assign and oversee all work completed in the shop, in order to ensure proper allocation and logging of materials
- Perform final inspection of work prior to delivery/pick-up
- Establish employee work schedules, ensuring that time cards and payroll are completed on time
- Assist the General Manager with quotes when required
- Responsible for inventory counts as well as inventory control
- High School Diploma or GED, and a CWB Trade Ticket
- Experience in the steel fabrication trade (steel, aluminum and stainless materials)
- Supervisory experience is ideal
- Designation as a CWB Welding Inspector or Supervisor is an asset
- 5 years’ experience as a qualified CWB Welder
- Excellent skills in collaboration and communication
- Ability to manage conflicting issues and come to quick and efficient solutions
Category: King Fabricating
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Closing Date: 08/31/2017
KPM Industries Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes resumes from all interested candidates. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.