Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this role will act as a technical resource for our Contractor Customers, Distributors, Technical Sales Representatives and other staff. In this role, you will assist Quality Control (QC) and Research and Development (R&D) testing initiatives, and perform other technical functions.
- Assist lab personnel with QC testing initiatives and monitor test results for performance trends
- Work with the Technical Services Manager, Research & Development Engineer or independently to develop mix designs, to meet specified plastic and hardened properties for customized product applications
- Help direct and assist lab personnel with Research & Development initiatives including the development and testing of new products or new and modified mix designs, testing of competitive products, cost reduction initiatives, etc.
- Assist Technical Sales Representatives by conducting troubleshooting initiatives and investigations with product performance problems (both job-site and laboratory assistance)
- Modify Technical Data Sheets and develop marketing materials under the direction of the Technical Services Manager
- Work with our Technical Sales & Service Team on product development initiatives for our mining products (shotcrete and concrete)
- Conduct underground QC and R&D testing with our Ontario mining customers
- Represent the interest of KING by attending functions for organizations such as ACI, B&CRAO, ICRI, etc.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Meet and interact with consulting engineers, MTO/MTQ personnel and other specifying authorities to promote our grouts, shotcrete, concrete and other products
- Conduct presentations and “lunch-and-learn sessions” (with our Technical Sales Representatives) to consulting engineers, MTO/MTQ personnel and other specifying authorities
- Assist our Technical Sales Representatives when conducting customer product demos and when providing technical assistance to customers
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Strong knowledge of concrete, shotcrete and other cementitious materials
- Strong inter-personal and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English and/or French)
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Category: Technical Services
Location: Boisbriand, Québec
Closing Date: 04/28/17
KPM Industries Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes resumes from all interested candidates. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.