Dear Valued Customers,
I write to you while we are faced with this unprecedented global crisis. King – A Sika Company’s main priorities are to ensure the health and safety of its employees, customers and business partners. We are continuously adapting our operations according to the constraints and recommendations imposed by our health and government authorities, across all provinces.
We have put together an overview of some of the measures implemented at King and its affiliated companies to protect our employees, their families, our customers, our business partners and the communities where we live and do business.
As I write this letter, the level of activity in both the construction and industrial sectors remains solid in Canada despite the complexity of this particular global situation. Since King, and its affiliated companies, manufacture and distribute products and materials that are considered critical to supporting the country’s infrastructures and related industries and services, our manufacturing plants are open and operating. Our sales teams, technical services, and administrative staff are operational. In order to do so, we took appropriate measures to ensure that the quality of our services is maintained, along with production and delivery schedules as planned. We remain flexible enough to regularly adapt our commercial logistics plans to comply with new constraints imposed by government authorities.
Healthy and safe work environment
With the quick evolution of the pandemic, the health of our staff remains at the heart of our concerns. We formed a Response Team with team members in every region we serve and covering all the departments in the company. These key members can be reached at any time by all our employees, by telephone or email. All the team members are in permanent contact with each other and monitor the situation closely. In addition to individual recommendations issued by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), key measures include:
• International and national business travel has been cancelled
• Visitors are not permitted to meet employees in any of our facilities
• Respect of social distancing in common areas and office spaces
• Restricted access to the production facilities to only operation staff. Sales and administration personnel are not allowed in these facilities
• Reorganization of production shifts to maintain productivity levels while ensuring staff safety
• Establishment of specific protocols for pick-ups and deliveries of products in all locations
• Hand sanitizing products and other sanitary supplies are readily available in all locations
• Remote work has been deployed for administrative functions with full IT support
King and its affiliated companies will do everything it can to continue serving you to the best of its capacities during this period of uncertainty. All our major customers have been contacted to discuss inventory levels and to take appropriate measures to avoid any shortage. On the supply end, we have contacted our major raw material suppliers overseas and in North America to secure materials so that our plants can keep on operating at normal levels. Please do not hesitate to contact your representative if you have any questions or special needs.
Should any new development impacting our operations be announced by the Authorities, we will inform you without delay.
I do thank you for the trust and loyalty you place in our company and I wish all of us a safe journey through this crisis.
President, Sika Canada Inc.